Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
Projects entered should include content specifically with the intention of contributing to a computer game. This includes models, environments, animations, fx elements, code and more. The judges will be looking for the best creative and/or technical submissions for this massive category.
This category is showing your artistic and technical skills that helped create a computer generated game. Share your understanding of working with game engines and explain to the judges how your understanding of how games are made. This category is targeted towards artists creating 3D content for games, using engines to push their creations to the next level.
Show how your animation loops make a game scary, how your lighting dynamically change the mood of a scene, how your code can handle AI crowds and even how your models are perfect for high frame-rates.
There are many disciplines in this field and the judges will be reviewing all of them with the goal of finding the artist that they would love to have working on their next game.
- 2D Game Art should NOT be submitted to this category. This category is targeted towards 3D Artists and Game Developers. If you have amazing 2D Game Art and Illustrations, please submit it to the Concept Art category.
- The judges will equally consider both high resolution models and real-time models.
- Don’t have pretty pictures? Share a screencast showing your tools in action. Go one better and even share GitHub code snippets that you wrote for your game or plugin.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 3D elements and content contributing to gameplay.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.