The Rookie Awards is the world’s biggest contest for aspiring creatives in games, animation, visual effects, immersive media, motion graphics and product visualisation. This is the 10th annual contest so its one you don’t want to miss. Take a chance and share your work to industry heavyweights and influencers, receive badges and certificates, connect with other young artists and launch your creative career in 2020.
The judges are tasked with finding the best emerging individual artists and teams for each of the available categories list below. Grab your best work that demonstrates your knowledge, skills, passion and technical abilities for the judges to review. Use our page builder tools to create a single page that will impress the judges and make your friends jealous.
Even if you’re not ready to apply for jobs, or don’t think you can win, this contest is a great opportunity for you to build confidence. These industries are about sharing your work at all level of completion, so why not start now and get your work in front of some of the biggest names in the industries. It’s also a great opportunity to figure out how you stack up against other artists locally and around the world.
Stop thinking about entering, just take a chance. Most of our success stories are from people that didn’t win and thought it would never lead to anything
- Take a moment to watch our introduction video by the founders of The Rookies where they explain the contest in detail, discuss the categories, how to enter, common mistakes and tips for creating a perfect entry.
- Check out incredible entries from 2019 and use them as inspiration.
- Listen to success stories from past entrants that truly believed they didn’t have a chance at winning.
- Follow us @therookiesco.
- Stay updated with #rookieawards2020.
- Chat with others on Discord.
You can be a student, self-taught artist, or even a hobbyist. If you have more than 12 months professional experience in any related field that puts you at a distinct advantage over emerging artists, your entry will be disqualified. No work completed at a professional studio can be shared.
Download the Official 2020 Google Calendar so you don’t miss any of the following key dates:
- Open for submission 7 March 2020
- Entries close 1 June 2020.
- Finalists announced 30 June 2020.
- Winners announced 16 July 2020.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on General Means Time (GMT).
How to Enter
Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
Select a Category from the options displayed further down this page. Choose one that best suits your skills, career interests and projects you want to share. View the category brief on the corresponding page and create an entry.