Rookie Awards 2021 | Specialty
All great digital artists start at a young age. This is why we have a category open specifically for young artists from around the world to showcase their passion and amazing skills.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
I've always been amazed by games when I was young. I enjoyed games with a great story and nice lore but what really intrigued me were the visuals. I spent hours just walking around and looking at things. Inspecting the smallest details to understand how the designers did it and looking at the full picture to get a sense of the world the game is set in. Ever since then I wanted to have a future in designing models and creating worlds.
United States | Ringling College of Art and Design
Once I watched the "Up", Disney Pixar's short animated film, I started getting into the animation industry.
I started out 3d work when I was 11 years old, and after I started improving. I really started enjoying the software and having fun experimenting with different fields of works making some Archviz here, Product visualization there, but the one thing that really stood out to me was the Automotive industry.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
The Young Guns category is open to artists between the age of 13-17 years. The judges want to see all the creative media content you’ve been creating at school and at home. The brief is open. We want to see all your amazing animations, video games, illustrations, concept art motion graphics and more.
This contest has an open brief, but is targeted to young artists who are creative, technical and are excited about a possible future working in visual effects, animation, games, immersive media, architectural visualisation, motion graphics and product design. If you think this is you, then show us what you’ve been working on.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- You can only submit 1 entry to this category. Do not submit multiple entries otherwise you will be disqualified.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- Share examples of your work that showcase your related skills to this category.
The judges are looking for artists that are motivated and passionate about working in creative media & entertainment industries.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show your passion and skills.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Specialty > Young Guns’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.