Rookie Awards 2019 | Game of the Year
Console & PC
Looking for the very best games for PC & Console. The games can be created by both teams and individuals. Trailers and unfinished projects allowed, but finished games preferred.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following caetgory winners.
Spire is our second-year university game project produced over the course of a semester during our time at the University of Hertfordshire. The game, which is built entirely in Unreal Engine, follows the path of a Knight on his journey through a cold and harsh forest.
Project: Star Bounty
Project: Star Bounty started as an idea set in a Science Fiction world and slowly acculminated into ideas mostly inspired from many games to show and create the potential of a new world as well as paying hommage to existing ones out there. This is the long edit overview for Project: Star Bounty.
Waking up naked in a slaughterhouse, you must escape and travel through a dystopian world to uncover the truth of your origins. Burning Daylight is a sci-fi adventure game, set in a dystopian future with light puzzle elements and environmental storytelling.
Made by 12 students from The Animation Workshop
A story about a robot that rebels against his creators. Join him on his quest for freedom.
Rewired is an atmospheric side scroller with puzzle elements. Inspired by Inside from Playdead, we wanted to make it feel like an experience, rather than a game.
The game is a student project made in the span of 10 weeks.
Final Run - A university/fan project of "The Last Night"
This a university / fan project based on "The Last Night" that I created during my final year in uni. All coding and assets created by me with the exception of post processing plugins. Created using Unity Engine.
A Co-Op puzzle adventure game that takes the players through the steps of a newly formed relationship
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sort after Excellence Awards and Draft Selection badges.
The primary focus for this category is high-end games designed to be played on Console & PC. The judges are looking for completed games here. This is not a category for people to share parts of a game they contributed to. If you have not completed your game yet, please make sure to share a teaser trailer to pitch your work to the judges.
- The judges will be reviewing complete games or trailers, not assets or other elements that will be used in a film that hasn’t been released yet.
- Make sure to share your details about how you created the game. The challenges you overcame, what your goals were and any other information that will help the judges better understand your project.
- Successful entries in previous years have included video footage of people playing the games. Other ideas have included screencasts where the team walk you through the platform.
- Teaser trailers must include gameplay, not cut scenes.
- If you have a link to your finished game that can be downloaded, please share it as part of your entry page using the Add Text field.
- Make sure to include supporting material such as concept art, assets and breakdowns to really showcase your game.