The Rookie Awards 2019(“the Contest”) is hosted by The Tasman Theory Pty Ltd (“the Organiser”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Open for submission 7th March 2019
- Entries close 31st May 2019.
- Finalists announced 30th June 2019.
- Winners announced 16th July 2019.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
To enter the Contest, you (the Artist) must be an amateur artist with less than 1 year of professional experience in your chosen category.
Example: If you are entering Rookie of the Year - Visual Effects, you are not eligible if you have worked professionally for more than a year creating content related to Visual Effects. This includes any paid freelance work.
HOW TO ENTER
The Artist must submit an entry directly from one of the contest pages for the Rookie Awards 2019. Only entries that are submitted here will be reviewed by our judging panel and considered an official entry.
Please note: Projects submitted to The Artists portfolio are not considered as an entry.
Ownership and Content
- The Artist retains ownership of all ideas and materials/images upload to the website.
- The Artist can only enter work that has been created by The Artist and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- Fan Art is allowed. The Artist can enter work inspired by concept artists, but The Artist must credit any other artist’s work.
- No Professional Work can be submitted to the Contest. This includes work that was completed at a studio or as part of freelance paid work. Only personal work will be accepted.
- Videos that are involved with Film Festivals and that are restricted from being viewed publicly can be submitted to our judging panel with a private password. All other videos must be viewable to the general public and not require a password to access.
- Film of the Year entries must not have been release prior to June 2018.
- Game of the Year entries must not have been release prior to June 2018.
- All entries must be in English.
Deadline and rights
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any entry from the Contest for any reason and without notice.
- Entries that do not meet the Contest requirements will be deleted. It is the full responsibility of the Artist to make sure they adhere to these rules and individual contest requirements.
Judging will take place between 1 June 2019 – 15th July 2019.
All entries will be judged based upon criteria that are the sole discretion of the Organiser. As a guide, these include: Overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, industry skills, variety of content, and employability of the Artist.
The Organiser selects a qualified judging panel to determine the winners and finalists.
The qualifications for serving on the judging panel are, but are not necessarily limited to: - Being an upstanding member of their respective industry; - recognised as a leading expert in their field; - The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
GUARANTEE OF THE ARTIST
The Artist guarantees to The Organiser that:
- The submitted media (images, videos, 3D models, code) were made by the Artist.
- All work is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- All details submitted by the Artist are true and correct, and the Artist indemnifies from and against any and all claims and demands made against The Organiser, its assignees or licensees, in relation to the guarantees provided by the Artist in these rules.
The Organiser accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received for any reason.
The Organiser will not be liable for and expressly excludes liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from The Organiser, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
If the Organiser is unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, The Organiser reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
Participation in the Contest constitutes the Artist’s consent to The Organiser and participating Sponsors to use uploaded entry images, entry video, entry statements, name, for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
The Artist will be notified when possible of any inclusion in media and be credited.
Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made.
The Contest Sponsors will send prizes directly to winners in a timely manner at the completion of the Contest.
Studio Internships are all region based (“the Country”). To apply for a Studio Internship the Artist:
- must be a LOCAL NATIONAL eligible to work in the Country.
- must NOT require any immigration VISA’s to legally work in the Country.
- must NOT require sponsorship from a Studio to legally work in the Country.
- must be able to attend a Studio Internship within the second half of 2019, or otherwise determined by the Studio.
Studio Internships will be subject to the studio’s terms and conditions.
Studio Internship details (start date, duration, salary, etc.) to be discussed between the winner and studio. The Organiser takes no responsibility once the studio has made contact with the winner, however we will make sure everything is as planned.
Studio Internships are at the discretion of the studios and may change at any time without notice. If the Studio Internship provider does not find an entrant that meets their requirements and needs for production, they are under no obligation to fill the position.
Artists selected as Finalists of Studio Scholarship contest will be required to provide photocopies of original passport/visa documents to the Studio if requested to confirm eligibility.
School Scholarships will be subject to the school’s own terms and conditions.
School Scholarships are at the discretion of the school and may change at any time without notice.
If the School Scholarship provider does not find an entrant that meets their requirements for enrolment, they are under no obligation to fill the scholarship.
Artists selected as Finalists of Studio Scholarship will be required to provide photocopies of original passport/visa documents to the Studio if requested to confirm eligibility.
Each Finalist of a School Scholarship will be required to provide photocopies of original passport/visa documents to the studio.
Any content submitted by teams, third-party vendors, educational facilities, studios or non-amateur artist’s will be immediately removed from the Contest. The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend any related content on the site.
The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend an Artist if they believe they have too much professional experience in any field that puts them at an unfair advantage to other Artists.
The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bugs, unauthorised human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond or
The Organiser’ reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the awards.
Any media content deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at The Organiser’ sole discretion, be closed at any time during the event.
Employees of Contest Sponsors and The Organiser are not eligible to enter this event.
Each Winner will be notified by email at the completion of the Contest.
The entrant is responsible for entering their correct email address at the time of submission and prizes may be forfeited if the entrant cannot be contacted or their identity cannot be verified.
All winners will be notified on 30th July, 2019, or as soon as practical thereafter. Winner will have three weeks in which to claim your prize. Failure to respond within this time period will result in forfeiture of the prize although The Organiser will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner to ensure this does not happen.
The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit a prize if not claimed.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and our Terms & Conditions. By participating in the Contest, The Artist is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the The Artist and The Organiser in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between The Artist and The Organiser and relating to the Contest.
In no event will The Organiser, and or their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from access to, or use of, this web site, electronic or computer malfunctions, or entrant participation in this contest, even if The Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We are proud and humbled to have the support of these industry leading brands that are passionate about helping the next generation of creators.