Rookie Awards 2019 | Game of the Year
This category is for individuals and teams that have created a game for mobile devices. The judges are looking for finished games here, but feel free to submit trailers if necessary.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following caetgory winners.
Xploro is an educational history game for iOS, which brings together mobile AR technology and spatial multiplayer game-play mechanics in a fun and and interesting way designed for children aged 8-12. Think of the experience as "Where's Wally?" meets "Carmen Sandiego".
Ailisha Sabalburo, Alexis O'Connor, Benjamin Read, Benjamin Skinner, Calum Anderson, Chana Corna, Chloe Barson, Conor Stack, Fengyuan Xi, Hamish Lawler, Illia Statkevych, Jemima Blackman, Jessica Lubbe, Jorge Arturo Hernandez Ruiz, Luke Avis, Mathilde de Bretteville, Matina Akes, Miriam Bowie-Johnson, Monica Stringer, Muhammad Muzammil, Nicole Goh, Philip Billones, Samantha Chui, Sarah Hoskins, Siraphob Suttidaechanai, Wen Tan & Xuan Jiang
Landing Ops is a mobile game about exploring space, traversing different places within the universe with your spaceship and overcoming exciting challenges on your way to become the best space explorer!
The primary focus for this category is games designed to be played on mobile devices. The judges are looking for completed games here. This is not a category for people to share parts of a game they contributed to. If you have not completed your game yet, please make sure to share a teaser trailer to pitch your work to the judges.
- The judges will be reviewing complete games or trailers, not assets or other elements that will be used in a film that hasn’t been released yet.
- Make sure to share your details about how you created the game. The challenges you overcame, what your goals were and any other information that will help the judges better understand your project.
- Successful entries in previous years have included video footage of people playing the games. Other ideas have included screencasts where the team walk you through the platform.
- Teaser trailers must include gameplay, not cut scenes.
- If you have a link to your finished game that can be downloaded, please share it as part of your entry page using the Add Text field.
- Make sure to include supporting material such as concept art, assets and breakdowns to really showcase your game.