Rookie Awards 2021 | Career Opportunities
IO Interactive is looking for a 3D Animator and a Concept Artist to be the lucky winners of a (virtual) mentorship.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
Australia | Flinders University / CDW Studios
The moment i realised i wanted to work in the entertainment industry was in my late high school years. Ever since then, I've been working on getting my design and illustration skills up to industry standards. I thoroughly enjoy creating characters that feel believable and making worlds for those characters to explore.
Spain | FX Animation
When I first came to Spain came across with videogames and fell in love with them. Since that moment I never stopped imagining doing and creating these kinds of things as I loved drawing every day. As time passed, you straighten up and think of a common job, but one day, a life-changing event between life and death made me change my mind and realizing that what I really wanted to do is art, being 3D my main focus musical production as my main hobby.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
IO Interactive is a 22 year-old independent studio, creators of HITMAN, Kane&Lynch, Mini Ninjas and Freedom Fighters. We are now working on Project 007 a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI. This means we are here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
We are also a team, above everything, and highly international, with around 30 nationalities, and offices both in progressive Copenhagen (Denmark) and the cozy city of Malmö (Sweden). We do a lot to foster a culture of teamwork and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory.
You come to work with us because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently. Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase your 3D Animation or Concept Art skills.
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Must be able to complete the mentorship during the second half of 2021
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
- 1 hour a week mentoring for 4 weeks.
- Video Conference meetings
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > IO Interactive’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.