Rookie Awards 2021 | Film of the Year
Films created by both teams and individuals that include live action visual effects used to help tell a story, add that wow factor, or include live action footage.
This category is for artists and teams who have created a film that includes Visual Effects. You will have worked with assets and elements that are integrated with live-action footage to create photo realistic environments, characters, sets, props, animation and effects that would be dangerous, expensive, impractical, or simply impossible to capture on film.
The judges are looking for stories where you have used visual effects seamlessly with plates that you have shot. It’s not only about the big visual effects shots here, the judges will be really looking out for impressive subtle effects that have been created to help tell the story.
- Your film must include integration of live action footage with computer generated elements.
- You must submit a completed film or teaser trailer. Single assets and clips will not be considered.
- We accept films currently on the Film Festival Circuit. These films will not be shared publicly, however please include a password that will be securely shared with our judging panel.
- Please include supporting material with your finished film. The judges need to better understand the process, the challenges and how your film was created.
- Team entries are allowed. Make sure that only one team member submits the project and tag any additional team members as project collaborators.
- Films must not have been released prior to June 2020.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished work.
The judges are looking for artists or teams that have created a film that is not only creatively and technically sound, but also tells a great story. They are looking for artists or teams with a passion for film making and have worked hard to hone their skills. The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills and story telling.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Film of the Year > Visual Effects’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.