Rookie Awards 2019 | Speciality
All great digital artists start at a young age. This is why we have a category open specifically for young artists from around the world to showcase their passion and amazing skills.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following caetgory winners.
Canada | Visual College of Art and Design
When I first saw Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I was so mesmerized on the effects and 3d assets that were shown, It literally blew my mind! From that day, I started to learn 3d software, it was a long journey until I actually got in a school that would mentor me to learn the skills in the Industry.
South Korea | IT Christian School
When i was 14 years old. when i entrance into a school, I didn't know what could i do. But with the skills I learned at this school, I found out. I knew I can do this wonderful thing.
India | St.josephs academy
My talent in creative media was found by my teacher in class 8 and now I want to take my talent to sky where I can express myself in a outstanding way and moreover iam really interested in this field.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sort after Excellence Awards and Draft Selection badges.
The Young Guns category is open to artists between the age of 13-17 years. The judges want to see all the creative media content you’ve been creating at school and at home. The brief is open. We want to see all your amazing animations, video games, illustrations, concept art motion graphics and more.
This contest has an open brief, but is targeted to young artists who are creative, technical and are excited about a possible future working in visual effects, animation, games, immersive media, architectural visualisation, motion graphics and product design. If you think this is you, then show us what you’ve been working on.
- Open to individual artists only.
- Don’t be intimidated! This is a place to share your passion. There is plenty of time left to become a professional. Share your passion with the world.
- The judges are looking for projects that you have created on your own. If you have created something as part of a team, please make sure to acknowledge their involvement.
- Show your very best work, not everything.
- Make sure your work is related in some way to visual effects, animation, games, immersive media, architectural visualisation, motion graphics and product design.