Rookie Awards 2023 | Career Opportunities
Mighty Kingdom are offering a mentorship for one lucky winner.
*Mighty Kingdom was founded in 2011 by a small team of dreamers who loved making games and wanted to change the way they were made. The company designs delightful game experiences with the world’s most recognised brands such as LEGO, Disney, Mattel, Sony, Funcom, Moose Toys, Spin Master and more, as well as developing its own original games. Our portfolio of games is crafted by a diverse team of developers from across Australia. Led by a desire to engage and delight players, we make exceptional experiences that connect our diverse talent with millions of people around the world. We make games with heart. We Love Fun. We want to share it with the world. We want you to be part of it.
The winner will receive 4 hours of mentoring over 4 weeks (1 hr weekly sessions) with a Talent Specialist to cover subject areas chosen by the winner to help them develop their knowledge of the games industry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase your Game Art skills.
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Must be able to complete the mentorship during the second half of 2023
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
45 minute initial catch up (get to know you, and setting an agenda for the following 4 weeks), followed by:
4 hours of mentoring over 4 weeks (1 hr weekly sessions) with a Talent Specialist to cover any/all of the following subject areas chosen by the winner:
- Cover letters
- Job applications
- Understanding the right job/studio for you
- Career goal setting and alignment: short and long term
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Establishing a personal brand
- Upskilling and mentorship opportunities
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > Mighty Kingdom’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.