Are you an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for games, animation, visual effects, immersive media, motion graphics, 3D visualization and similar creative industries? Then the 13th Annual Rookie Awards is the perfect platform for you to showcase your talent.
With a panel of industry professionals evaluating your work, you’ll receive valuable feedback and recognition that will boost your confidence and inspire you to pursue your passion with even greater determination.
It’s time to take a chance and show the world what you’re capable of! Enter the Rookie Awards and let your work speak for itself. Just like these amazing stories, you never know where it might lead you, but you’ll surely be one step closer to realizing your dream.
From certificates to badges, from career opportunities to random giveaways, the Rookie Awards have a truckload of prizes for you to win. So get ready to walk away with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.
The Contest Brief
Your task is to create an entry page that showcases your creative and technical abilities, specifically related to your chosen category listed below. Think of this contest as a job application, where your objective is to impress recruiters with a single entry page that showcases all of your top projects. To do this effectively, be sure to provide a comprehensive explanation of how you created each project, using supporting images, videos, and text to bring your work to life.
Groups & Categories
With 5 main Contest Groups to choose from, this contest has something for everyone. Whether you’re an individual artist or a team, you’re sure to find a category that inspires you.
- Rookie of the Year - 10 categories open to individual artists to showcase their specific industry based skills.
- Film of the Year - 3 individual/team based categories for artists working on films.
- Game of the Year - 3 individual/team based categories for artists working on games.
- Career Opportunities - Various opportunities provided by production studios.
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older, and have no more than one year of professional industry experience at the time of the contest’s closing date, which is June 1, 2023, working in the fields of 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Concept Art, Game Development, Visual Effects, Architectural Visualisation, Motion Graphics, Immersive Media, Product Design or Virtual Fashion.
For further information please read the rules.
- Open for Entries 7 March 2023.
- Closed for Entries 1 June 2023.
- Finalists announced 9th July 2023.
- Winners announced 27th July 2023.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Tips & Advice
- Read the brief on each individual category page to better understand what the judges want to see.
- Watch our introduction video to make sure you create the best entry possible.
- Review entries from last year and use them as inspiration.
- Read our F.A.Q article to clear up any common confusion.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel and network with pros and entrants.
- Follow us @therookiesco
- Stay updated with #rookieawards2023.
All you need to do is select a category from below that interests you, follow the instructions on the category page, and submit an entry page loaded with all your best work. You can even enter multiple categories if you have the right skills.