Here’s a challenge for all you aspiring animators looking to expand your talents. Rookie Alumni, Mehmet Tayfur Türkmenoğluwe has created an original character called Knight Spider using Autodesk Maya. This cool character has then been professionally rigged by Mike Fabris from Dr Reel. It’s now your turn to have some fun with the Knight Spider rig and show us what you can do.
Knight Spider is standing in a bind-pose right now, and looking a little sad. We want you to bring him to life! Your brief is to create a 10 second performance video or dynamic poses to really show off Spider Kings attitude and emotions.
Groups & Categories
To make things easier, we have split the contest into two main Categories which are outlined below:
Beginner - Poses - open to beginners that are not comfortable animating yet. This one is for you, we want to see your best poses for Spider King.
Advanced - Action - open to members that are comfortable bringing Spider King to life and creating a performance.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- Entries Open 01 October 2021.
- Entries Close 14 January 2022.
- Finalists announced 22 January 2022.
- Winners announced 03 February 2022.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- Choose a Category from the Contest Groups listed below.
- Select View Category Details to read the specific brief, judging criteria, deliveries and requirements for your chosen Category.
- Follow the instructions on the Category page about How to Enter, and submit an entry!