Skill Level | Beginner - Poses
This category is open to beginner members only. Do not enter this category is you are comfortable animating characters. You should be a Debut or Player member only.
- You can pose the character any way you choose.
- You can include additional 3D objects from Adobe Substance 3D Assets to help add interest to your scene.
Knight Spider Maya Rig
Please click this following link to download the official Spider King Rig.
Training Videos & Support
The team at Dr Reels has created some amazing videos to help you get familiar with the Knight Spider Rig. We highly recommend you watch the following videos before you get started:
For those of you looking to get feedback and ask questions about this challenge, please join our Discord channel. Don’t forget to use #SpiderKingRig when sharing your work on social channels.
- Entries Open 01 October 2021.
- Entries Close 14 January 2022.
- Finalists announced 22 January 2022.
- Winners announced 03 February 2022.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Our judging panel will be looking for the best poses that you can create with the Knight Spider rig. This means you should really pay attention to silhouettes, balance, weight, and everything else that can help show emotion with a single rendered frame.
- Do not touch the camera, light setup, background or scene materials.
- You are allowed to add 3D Assets with default shaders from Adobe Substance 3D Assets.
- No audio, judges are only interested in the performance.
- You must share your progress. This is a Play-by-Play contest that requires you to add multiple updates to your entry page, similar to how a forum discussion works. Learn more about Play-by-Play contests in our Helpdesk..
- Entries that only share a single update will be disqualified.
- 5-10 different poses of Knight Spider, rendered using the scene camera.
- 1 x pose per rendered image.
- Additional supporting media is allowed.
How to Enter
- Watch this Video
- Download trial version of Maya
- Click Submit Entry button to share your first update.
- Upload images, videos and supporting media using our page builder.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Add Regular Updates to your entry page to share your progress working from idea through to final deliverables.
- Submit Final Renders to your entry page that includes the required deliverables mentioned above.
*Include the hashtag #KnightSpiderRig if you share on your social media so we can reshare.