Originally born to test the Alembic Grooming on UE4, as soon as UE5 Early Access came out I knew I had to try it. This was my first project using XGen, and I learned this: groom before you rig, or converting Xgen Collections to Interactive Xgen Collections (required for Alembic Caching) is gonna cause problems. Also, for a correct binding, import the model with the correct rotations, don't try to fix them in Unreal.
Autodesk Maya (Hard Surface Modelling, UV, Rigging, Animating, Grooming in Xgen)
Substance Painter (Texturing metal)
Zbrush (creating the glue to attach each bolt and zremeshing it)
Unreal Engine 4 and 5 (game engine for the scene, materials for background objects and rust)
Adobe Photoshop (to create the noise map I used in UE5)
The material I created in UE5 creates unique patterns, lerping the metallic texture made in Substance Painter with the rust texture included in UE5. I pushed my new RTX card to the limit, using Raytracing and a lot of Post Processing.
Renders in Iray (Substance Painter) with the "raw" texture
Process View: Substance Painter / ZBrush (which I used to create the glue to attach the bolts, zremeshing it) / Maya (with Rig, which I then referenced in another Maya file to create the animation)