The 12th Annual Rookie Awards is the world’s leading contest for aspiring creatives in games, animation, visual effects, immersive media, motion graphics and 3d visualisation.
The contest provides a rare opportunity for you to share your work to industry heavyweights and influencers, receive badges and certificates, connect with other young artists and potentially launch your creative career beyond your expectations.
Don’t worry if you’re not ready to apply for jobs, or think your work isn’t good enough, because you can still walk away with a truck load of prizes. Still not convinced? Why not watch some honest video testimonials from artists about how this contest changed their lives, even when they didn’t win.
Groups & Categories
The Rookie Awards has a category for everyone, across all skill levels and creative media interests, so you are sure to find one that inspires you. These are the 5 main Contest Groups:
- Rookie of the Year - 9 x categories open to individual artists to showcase their specific industry based skills.
- Film of the Year - 3 x individual/team based categories for artists working on films.
- Game of the Year - 3 x individual/team based categories for artists working on games.
- Career Opportunities - Various opportunities provided by production studios.
- Specialty - Open to individual artists under 18 years.
Scroll down the page to view category information and links to full details.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You must have less than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
*For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- Open for Entries 7 March 2022.
- Closed for Entries 1 June 2022.
- Finalists announced 9th July 2022.
- Winners announced 27th July 2022.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Tips & Advice
- Create an entry page that shows off your best work for the selected category.
- Explain how you created your project, include extra images, video, and text to help.
- Create more than 1 entry if your skills cover multiple categories.
- Watch our introduction video to make sure you create the best entry possible.
- Review entries from last year and use them as inspiration.
- Read our F.A.Q article to clear up any common confusion.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel and network with pros and entrants.
- Follow us @therookiesco
- Stay updated with #rookieawards2022.
- Select a Category that interests you from the Contest Groups listed below.
- Click View Category Details to read the detailed category brief, judging criteria, deliveries and requirements.
- Follow the instructions on the category page about How to Enter, and submit an entry page loaded with all your best work!
- Rinse and repeat these steps to enter multiple times if you have the right skills