We’re super excited to team up with Autodesk to bring you this next challenge. It’s another Robot challenge, and for this one you get to work with a fully rigged, production ready character. We have 3 categories for you to choose from – Animation, Texturing, and FX
The Autodesk Art team have provided a robot character for you to edit as you see fit. Each entry will be one of three categories, Animation, Texturing, or FX. Entries will be judged based off creativity, skill, and overall presentation, so this is your chance to bring to life a fully realized production ready robot! Rescue style, industrial lifter, space explorer, or anything in-between, we can’t wait to see where your creativity takes you!
You can add your own animation or use animations provided to us by Norberto Aguilera. These animations aren’t restricted to just the FX category. If you wanted to use them in the texturing category then feel free to do so. Obviously, not to be used in the animation category though.
There are three different types of animations. With each one you have a:
- video preview
- 3ds Max file
- alembic file (use for Maya)
Please keep entries nonviolent (no weapons or portrayal of harmful acts).
Training & Support
Note: The Maya rig is using a Human IK system, to help you understand how to animate this character here is a good video that explains things.
Make sure to join our Discord server to participate in live review sessions, watch special guest webinars, chat with other entrants, and to have all of your questions answered.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You must have less than 12 months professional experience in a 3D related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- You must be 18+ to enter into this competition.
- Entries Open 13th December, 2022
- Entries Close 11th April, 2023
- Finalists announced 17th April, 2023
- Winners announced 25th April, 2023
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- Download the RIG.B from here or download RIG.B with some animation already added from here.
- Choose 1 x category listed below (Animation, Texturing or FX).
- View the category details to read the specific brief, judging criteria, deliveries and requirements.
- Start creating your entry page by clicking “Submit Contest Entry” button.