Update - 14 Jan 2021
First I started experimenting with the wheels today. I wanted a little fancy, unique hub cap with simple forms. I choose the purple one because it has a little steampunk feeeling. I would like to add some normals later. I tried almost every combination with the colors! ^^
I wanted to add something to the hair, because of that I made a lollypop with SD but I not added yet! Other thing was, to try and see the brushes in SP, so I tried out some of them on the Kombi.
I needed to paint out some non useful details from the wheel, because I did'nt find the perfect smart mask for the dust on the wheel. One of my friend suggested to add some gradient to the hair, so I added and the purple was the best match with the brown. I turned on the first concept layers to the front but It's feels like there is too mutch hair and you can't see the Kombi's beautiful shape, so I turned off!
After that I added imperfection maps to the Kombi. I did'nt want but it started to feel more realistic. But It looks like I added too mutch because the nice brown color faded away!... I have to try again.
Update - 10 Jan 2021
I cant delete this uppdate... error 500, than 404 :D I just figured out how to uppdate my project... :D
Update - 10 Jan 2021
I learned how to make an MDL Texture with Designer... just after that I realized, I can't use it in Painter... I was very sad but I exported the normal map into painter to achive the same "reflectation" effect, that I wanted.
Jeromefar called my attention to make a more "readable" realistic stylized texture... so I started experimenting in Substance Designer.
I wanted to achive the same effect like with the first try. Chunky with smaler bits, easily readable because of the big parts. I also wanted the texture to be more wavy! I tried out different scenarios with smal patterns and bigs. Sometimes you can find very wierd and cool looking results in the progress! When I just thought "This is it!" Sp just crashed... and thought Ctrl+S would save me... almost did and I had to recreate some parts and in that progress I found a better resoult and I was very grateful for that crash.
After I finished the texture in SuBD, I started experimenting with it in Painter. The goal was to make a realistic car paint with reflection but also using the hair texture. Keep in mind this is not the finished version. I will play a little more with the pattern size and rotation later.
I love to try out the extreme outputs because you can find super cool results! Like the lava color on the left corner.
This is how the car looks now!
Update - 8 Jan 2021
My first Idea was this stylized texture. I wanted to cover the kombi with hair. I had to learn how to make that texure in Substance Designer, after that I used Painter to apply to the combi. This is the progress that I made. Not finished yet!