• Contest Results
Substance Texturing Challenge - Kombi
This texturing challenge requires you to texture a beautiful model of our Kombi van using any of the Substance apps (Substance Painter, Substance Designer or Alchemist).
Looking to push your texturing skills? Well, this is your chance and we have an incredible asset ready for you to download and start playing with right away.
This Kombi is the creation of Christina Ryan, a talented Texture/Look-dev Artist currently working at Rising Sun Pictures. Material IDs have been created so you’re able to assign materials easily if need be.
- Open for submission 16th November 2020
- Entries close 16th January 2021.
- Winners announced 26th January 2021.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
- No modifications are allowed to the provided model.
- You must use Substance apps (Substance Painter, Substance Designer or Alchemist).
- You must share your progress by adding multiple updates to your entry page. Entries that only upload a single update will not be considered.
Please include a minimum of 4 x Iray® renders using the cameras included in the Kombi project. The cameras are named Cam_3quarterLF & Cam_3quarterLB & Cam_3quarterRF & Cam_3quarterRB. Your renders should be a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Include The Rookies Logo on your final renders using this Photoshop file. Additional renders can be included in addition to the required renders.
How to Enter
- Get the Substance apps. Download Substance Launcher available here.
- Get the Kombi model. Download from here. Cameras are included in the .fbx file for your final renders.
- Texture the Kombi using any of the Substance apps. The design brief is wide open and only limited by your imagination.
- Share your progress and update entry multiple times.
- Upload final renders with The Rookies logo in your last update.
- Include the hashtag #KombiChallenge if you share on your social media so we can reshare your work.
- Join our Discord channel to ask questions and get feedback about the contest from the community.