Based on the concept by Sia Kim: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zOnGKD
This project's main challenge was to learn how to create and use hairdcards. I used XGen to generate hair strands, Substance Painter to project them onto a plane and generate some maps (like ID or AO), and Photoshop to create final texture maps.
For the hard-surface parts, I did some blockouts in ZBrush and then created the final pieces in Maya.
Modeled in ZBrush/Maya, retopology and UVs in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Marmoset.
Here are some A pose and wireframe renders. There was a poly bufget of 100K tris. The whole model has a polycount of 78K.
Textures are divided in 4 sets: body, cloths, metallic parts/belt, and haircards. They include color, normal, roughness and metallic maps. Hairdcard maps include color, normal, specular and opacity.
Stylized Low Poly Axe
High poly sculpt provided by ANIMUM. The goal was to retopologize and texture the model to create a mobile game low poly asset. There was a poly budget of 2K tris.
Retopology and UVs in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Marmoset.
There's only one texture set that includes color, normal, roughness and emissive maps.