Dusty Night Vision Goggles - Game Asset
The goal of this project was to create my first complex, realistic, game-ready asset. I focused mostly on conveying realism through roughness detail, and slight color variations. I had fun adding some personality to the model, whilst fantasizing about what kind of person the owner of these goggles would be.
At 26 401 tris after triangulation there aren't any easy edges to spot at first glance. I modeled the low poly to get an as clean bake as possible, while keeping density into account.
Tactical Headset - Game Asset
With this project I set the goal of applying all of the new skills I had learned in a tight timeframe. I made this as an exam assignment over the course of 7 days. I tried to recreate equipment that might have been used in the past, but is now more of a show-off gadget in the owner's eyes.
This was my first time modeling shapes this complex. I spent effort optimizing the low poly, keeping only the detail that what was necessary for a clean bake. This resulted in a polycount of 13 072 polygons.
Balaclava - Game Asset
I made this balaclava to use as a visualizer for a musical project of a friend. I practiced making a high poly in ZBrush instead of 3dsMax. The model has 9 615 polygons, which makes it quite hard to spot edges, even if zoomed in.
Moonlight Medical Center - Modular Environment
This modular environment was made over the course of one semester. I wanted to mix an abandoned hospital with catacombs. The environment is made in unreal engine 4, all lighting was baked.
I started with a making a blockout out of BSP's. The environment was gradually filled up with meshes and materials. Lighting was adjusted every step of the way. Most assets use a trim texture.