If you choose to accept this challenge, you will need to imagine an unseen distant planet and recreate it as a real-time environment render. Your world must include different types of vegetation and plant life. It must be vast and open, and most importantly it must evoke wonder, disbelief and emotions.
To help inspire creativity and to work towards a Director’s brief, your world must be capable of telling a story that will allow the following script to unfold before the viewers eyes:
On a planet unexplored for many years, our two travellers are now lost in this fabulous place full of mysteries.
“Hey Colonel, you OK? That temporal breach actually made me throw up a little.”
“Take a deep breath Captain and hold onto that sick bag, because you’re not going to believe what I’m looking at out this window. I honestly have no idea how the hell we are going to get out of here.”
For those of you looking to get feedback and ask questions about this challenge, please join our Discord channel. Don’t forget to use #worldofdiscoveries when sharing your work on social channels.
- Entries Open 15th March 2021.
- Entries Close 15th May 2021.
- Finalists Announced 26th May 2021.
- Winners Announced 29th May 2021.
- All dates are based on 11:59pm GMT.
- You must share regular updates of your progress to your entry page. Entries that only upload a single update will be disqualified.
- Scene must be rendered using a real-time engine (eg: UE4/Unity/Eevee).
- Your scene must be original, unique and evoke wonder.
- Your scene must include vegetation, foliage and a strong presence of storytelling that reflects the provided script.
- Speedtree, Megascans and other third-party environment tools may be used in your scene.
- Ray Tracing is allowed
- 5+ renders of your final environment (1920px x 1080px minimum).
- 1 x video cinematic of your final environment (1920px x 1080px minimum).
Include The Rookies logo as a small watermark to indicate which elements are your final deliverables.
How to Enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload images, videos and supporting media using our page builder.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Add Multiple Updates to your entry page and share your progress working from idea through to final deliverables.
- Add Final Update to your entry page that includes the required Deliverables listed above.