These two gentlemen are at the top of their game and know a good render when they see it. We have purposely kept the theme very broad, as we want you to let your creativity run wild.
What are you imagining, when you think of Winter? We want to see your interpretation of Winter - A mood, a feeling, a vibe, or maybe a setting? We want you to capture the pure essence of winter in 2 images, with a focus on lighting and mood. We believe in the importance of lighting, storytelling, composition and the general feel of an image, so here’s an excuse to give it a shot!
- Open for submission 27 December 2021.
- Entries close 26 February 2022.
- Finalists announced 05 March 2022.
- Winners announced 17 March 2022.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
Who Can Enter?
Only members of The Rookies can enter this contest. This means that you must be an aspiring artist. You can be a student, self-taught artist, or even a hobbyist. Please note that anyone with more that 12 months professional experience in a related industry is not eligible to enter.
How to Enter
- Submit Contest Entry to start building your entry page.
- Upload images, videos and supporting media using our page builder.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Add Multiple Updates to your entry page and share your progress working from idea through to final deliverables.
- Add Final Update to your entry page that includes the required Deliverables listed above.
Requirements & Deliveries
- 2 x final 3D renders (same camera angle but with 2 different lighting moods).
- A moodboard that is clearly linked to the moods you were going for.
- Final renders must be 1920px on the longest edge. Any aspect ratio is allowed.
Entrants need to share their progress. We don’t want you to just upload a finished renders. We want you to create an entry page that shares your work from concept and idea, all the way through to your final renders. This not only allows members to follow along, but it helps the judges truly understand how you work.
For examples of moodboards and a final submission check out this images