Looking to push your texturing skills and even have a crack at Substance Painter? Well, this is chance and we have an incredible asset ready for you to download and start playing with right away.
Eddie is the creation of Paul Braddock, a talented artist currently working at Industrial Light & Magic. Paul has been employed as a VFX artist for over 15 years and has worked on his fair share of epic feature films. Eddie also comes as an unpainted Resin Kit with LED lighting which is totally worth checking out.
A special thanks to Christina Ryan for helping with simplifying the model and doing the UV work.
- Open for submission 7th September 2020
- Entries close 7th October 2020.
- Winners announced 14th October 2020.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
- No modifications are allowed to the provided model.
- You must use Substance Painter
- You must share your progres. This is a Play-by-Play contest that requires you to add multiple updates to your entry page, similar to how a forum discussion works. Learn more about Play-by-Play contests in our Helpdesk.. Entries that only upload a single update will not be considered.
Please include 2 x Iray® renders using the cameras included in the ‘Eddie’ project. The cameras are named Cam_Front and Cam_3quarterLF. Your renders should be a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Additional renders can be included in addition to the required renders.
How to Enter
- Get Substance Painter. A free trial version is available here.
- Get Eddie model. Download from here. Cameras are included in the .fbx file for your final renders.
- Texture Eddie with Substance Painter. The design brief is wide open and only limited by your imagination.
- Share your progress and update entry multiple times.
- Upload final renderings in your last update.
- Include the hashtag #EddieRobot if you share on your social media so we can reshare.