Science-fiction spaceman hero Flash Gordon, was created in 1934 by illustrator Alex Raymond and writer Don Moore as a Sunday feature for King Features Syndicate. Intended to compete with the popular comic strip Buck Rogers, the series followed the intergalactic adventures of Flash Gordon, his girlfriend Dale Arden, and the scientist Dr. Hans Zarkov on the alien planet Mongo.
Since then, everything from radio programs, movies, cartoon, sci-fi series and even children’s records have been created due to its huge fan base. It’s your turn to re-imagine this world and bring it to life in this modeling challenge.
It’s now your turn to take a new spin on this franchise with the help of some incredible concept designs created by one of our Rookies. Giuseppe Di Stasio, is a concept artist from Milano, Italy that studied at Syn Studios.
Giuseppe has completely re-imagined the Flash Gordon universe. He has redesigned its characters, the transport and the universe itself. Your task is to choose one of his inspiring concept designs, and then build it as 3D digital model.
Groups & Categories
To make things easier, we have split the contest into two main Categories which are outlined below:
High Resolution Sculpt - open to individual artists interested in creating a highly detailed 3d model.
Real-time Model - open to individual artists interested in created real-time models suited for game engines.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- Entries Open 3 June 2021
- Entries Close 18 July 2021.
- Finalists announced 31 July 2021.
- Winners announced 10 August 2021.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- Find a Category that interests you from the Contest Groups listed below.
- Select View Category Details to read the specific brief, judging criteria, deliveries and requirements for your chosen Category.
- Follow the instructions on the Category page about How to Enter, and submit an entry!