Check out all the Rookie Awards 2022 entries!
Hair Research

Hair Research

Wiktoria Kubien
by wiktoriakubien on 22 Mar 2019

This is my progress on working with realtime hair so far. It's been quite a journey to learn about it and figure out how to work efficiently with haircards but I am really happy that I did. Plus I feel like you can actually see the improvement! All of the hairstyles were created with the same hair texture.

7 531 0
Round of applause for our sponsors

This is my newest result of my realtime hair research

My first try at making hair. This was my biggest trial and error work of them all.

After a while, when I participated in the Artstation contest I created a new hairstyle, which was much more "clean". The shader was ugly though.

So I researched it a bit more and created this as a result.

After doing so, I realized I would want to share in portfolio my hair research, so I went back to the first hairstyle and fixed its shader. In the end, I thought that the hairstyle itself was just badly done so Instead of fixing the rest, I moved on.

This was my victim number 3. I dropped it at 30% of its creation, since I felt like it would still not show how much I learned through my research. That's when I started the newest one.

Comments (0)

This project doesn't have any comments yet.