We're All Mad Here
Created for my Foundation Term Final Project at Think Tank Training Centre, this piece is a re-imagined Alice in Wonderland 3D render based on the concept "We're All Mad Here" by Heather Theurer.
Phases of work
1.25 weeks on model blockout
1 week on sculpting
1.75 weeks on texturing
.5 weeks on lighting
.5 weeks on post-processing
The software tools I used
- Maya for modeling
- Mudbox for sculpting
- Substance Painter for tileable textures e.g. balcony marble, tunnel soil, chair leather
- Photoshop for hand-painted textures e.g. playing cards, notes such as “Please eat me” and “Drink me”, hair cards for the flamingo feathers.
- Mari for projecting and hand-painting textures such as displacement and diffuse maps for the face, arms and hands of Alice and the Hatter.
- XGen Interactive Groom for all hair and fur
- Maya V-Ray for lighting and rendering
- Photoshop for post-processing