We Learnt For Nothing
Share

We Learnt For Nothing

by jheinemann on 4 Sep 2021

I had decided on and modelled six key components to the space (desk and chair, cupboard, trifold blackboard, door, light and window) and have gathered a variety of assets from the Unity Asset Store – evidently deciding on a more realistic approach to textures/colours. Finally, I have blocked out the classroom environme

0 62 0
Round of applause for our sponsors

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:

My overall project is running smoothly in correspondence to my original pitch. All of my specified tasks that I assigned to various weeks are also being completed on time, if not earlier. This would suggest that the project I had ideated and developed is to my skill set but it also allows room for me to explore and learn new concepts, skills and knowledge. Minor additions to the original plan, as detailed below, were implemented but have not changed the main scope of the project. I am in the process of applying the knowledge and skills learnt from other classes, in particular, the CG modelling class in relation to Maya and Substance Painter and their workflow.

I am elated with how all my props came out in the modelling phase; however, so far in my project, I have faced a variety of challenges and believe I will continue to do so. For example, scaling the objects and environment in relation to each other is a mind bender as well as imaging how a door functions in order to get the right amount of “open” for the door and equally to that of a trifold blackboard. Unwrapping. A minor issue that I have learnt stops everything in its tracks.

I have researched Chernobyl and gathered history, knowledge and geography (Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is located north of Ukraine near Pripyat and not in the USA) about the place and the disaster that occurred in 1986. I had decided on and modelled six key components to the space (desk and chair, cupboard, trifold blackboard, door, light and window) and have gathered a variety of assets from the Unity Asset Store – evidently deciding on a more realistic approach to textures/colours. Finally, I have blocked out the classroom environment in Unity to scale and added appropriate vegetation and earth. I am in the process of receiving critical feedback to support my assessment and to improve upon my project in its entirety.


Comments (0)

This project doesn't have any comments yet.