Lighting Study - Caravaggio's 'Still Life With Fruit'
A new lighting project I've given myself to sharpen my skills by analysing and recreating the lighting of Caravaggio's paintings.
Update - 4 Jun 2021
- Added more fruit and a bowl
- Adjusted layout of fruit, brought closer to the camera and fixed scale
- Warmer colour values brought into each light
- Added in blockers to shape the image more and not rely on light linking
- Shaders adjusted to have more specular and accurate colours
- Add SSS to fruit and leaves
- Add stone texture to the table
- Increase exposure on bounce on the screen left foreground
Update - 1 Jun 2021
Lighting Study - Caravaggio's Still Life With Fruit
Today I've started a new lighting project in Houdini, rendering in Arnold, to sharpen my skills. I decided to recreate Caravaggio's Still Life With Fruit painting as I've always had an interest in fine art and love his use of chiaroscuro.
Assets and shaders are from the Quixel Megascans library.