Update - 4 Jul 2021
I forgot to post the final render of my scene, I already finished this a week ago! I'm finally done with this project, took me a while as I've been going back and forth to really capture the concept. I would like to thank the people from different communities who gave me very valuable feedback and also Natalia Asanova for letting me use her concept art.
This was a great learning experience and I can't wait to make more in the future!
Here's the flythrough video rendered in Unreal Engine 4!
Some of the process shots
Thank you everyone!
You can also check the ArtStation post here:
Update - 21 Jun 2021
More updates today! I polished a lot of things, from lighting to adding more geometry to the assets. Gathered a lot of feedback and they were super helpful!
Update - 18 Jun 2021
I'm nearing the end of this project! Took me way longer than I anticipated. Implemented all of the assets in the scene, tweaked some things, and probably will polish it a bit before calling it done!
Update - 10 Jun 2021
Some updates today :) finished making the foliage of the scene, added some cloud textures in the background and other minor changes such as the color of the background trees.
I also added a spotlight with a light function material to it with a simple spot alpha texture to kind of capture the light passing through the trees on the pathway leading to the house :D
Update - 6 Jun 2021
More updates today! I blocked out the remaining foliage in my scene (going to work on the leaves) as well as the background tree elements.
Fiddled with the overall lighting as there were problems with the shadows as per feedback. There are also some things I will be polishing over once I added the objects to complete the scene :)
Update - 2 Jun 2021
Huge updates for my personal art project today :) . I realized I haven't posted anything during the month of May, so here's what I've done so far.
I've added the grass shader. Been playing with Realtime Virtual Textures for the landscape to capture that seamless look. Started blocking in the leaves of the tree, I used a very cool billboarding effect.
Also started to dive into Substance Designer to create procedural textures for the brick wall and a variation of it for the chimney.
Update - 25 Apr 2021
Huge progress this week! I've been learning some lighting techniques to capture the overall mood of the scene. Will probably go back and forth on this one :)
Update - 18 Apr 2021
Been a while since I posted (busy with IRL stuff lol) but here's a small update. Working on the unique pieces of the scene.
Update - 9 Apr 2021
So far, I made a trim sheet for some of the assets that I think are going to be repeated multiple times. This is what I came up with.
I have little knowledge in Substance Designer so I decided to create the high poly trims in ZBrush.
The blockout. Gathered some feedback so I could nail the overall composition as I wasn't getting it right the first time. Did a quick lighting blockout too to capture that sunny and cozy feeling.
I was searching for a concept of an environment when I stumbled upon this beautiful concept art by Natalia Asanova. I was immediately drawn to it and proceeded to ask her permission if I can recreate this beautiful concept into 3D. She agreed and thus, I'm excited to start on this project! :)
This is my first post here in The Rookies and I'm loving it so far! If you guys are interested to see my works, here's my ArtStation link. Cheers!