The environment was already set up with textures and shading, but the Maya scene was really broken with lots of wrong UVs, interchanged texture assignments and weird spec/roughness settings, so I had to fix and rework most of it. I also did some additional set dressing and rearranged assets for the chosen camera positions.
The day scene consists of a simple untextured domelight for base brightness, a directional light to establish the sun as key light and a spotlight with leave gobo to extend the directional lights angle. For the next time I might consider creating an animated gobo to make the lighting a little more realistic.
I made two version for the night-time scene. They both consist of a light dome for basic brightness and practical lights visible in the scene, which are all point lights. No additional fill lights were used. I got some comments that the scene looks too hazy, but I actually like it this way and decided to leave it be. Im am still unsatisfied with the lower back window though, as its reflections look very undirected/diffuse.
My three main references for the shots:
I am always happy and thankful for comments and feedback on my work!
Thanks for reading :)