I wanted to try myself into something realistic, so I used my free time to complete this art piece from modeling to rendering. I used Maya, substance painter, substance designer, a little bit of zbrush, and integrated it in Unreal Engine.
I tried to be careful about optimisation: number of polys and light settings.
I learnt a lot about lighting, Unreal splines, texturing, and it was an amazing exercise.
If I worked full time on it, I think it would take 2 weeks .
The last image has a really more realistic render, this is where I learnt the most about lighting and I loved it! I really wish to continue having a hard time on realistic renders because it makes me improve a lot more as it takes me out of my confort zone.