Update - 2 Jan 2021
Here is my final piece.
I changed some of the dirt color as well as removed some distracting secondary layers. I adjusted the base paint texture to make it appear more worn down and aged by the sun.
Update - 21 Dec 2020
Today I added a bunch of different spray paints and a couple stickers I created on the windshield as well as the front bumper. I used a displacement mask to create the look of leaky tires.
Let me know what you think could be improved or added, I plan on taking a fresh look at the van after Christmas, hopefully with some new ideas.
Update - 19 Dec 2020
Worked on the rust and added some quick dirt filters to see where I can take this.
Messed around with different hdris to get decent lighting.
Next I will be looking to add more detail around the wheel wells and lights.
Update - 18 Dec 2020
I am using a repeating texture I found online for the base paint as of now but may switch to a custom texture down the road.
I started by applying base materials to all the different texture sets and will focus on getting the body to a high level of detail first before moving on to the other pieces.
Reference Images of dirt, rust and typical wear and tear. As well as pain designs.