Four Poster Bed
This is a bed prop that I made for an art test, I was given a concept to follow and no strict polycount to hit. I used this oppertunity to try out So Much Diffuse in Substance painter to see how it could achieve a handpainted look.
The polycount ended up being 10.8K tris.
This was a semester long project for my 3D bootcamp class. I used Zbrush to create a highpoly, used topogun to retopologise , unwrapped in Maya and textured in Substance painter using the PBR workflow. Presented in Marmoset and Sketchfab.
The croc ended up being 37,238 tris and the cannon 5,664 tris.
This was a collaboration between me and Kieran Killan, this was based his take on a prominant mermaid character from The Lighthouse. I sculpted the character in Zbrush, remeshed and posed with TPoseMesh. Rendered with Keyshot and Arnold.
You can check out Kieran's work here: https://www.therookies.co/kieran
This is a character for an art test, I was given a brief and a poly count restriction of 12K tris. I used So Much Diffuse for this similar to the four poster bed.
The poly count was exactly 12K tris.
Sky Junkers Worldbuilding
This is a worldbuilding exercise for my game project: Sky Junkers. I created the individual props in maya and zbrush and textured them in substance painter and I used the Unreal engine to present the environment.
The Patrick Millikan did the design of the vignette. You can check out his work here: https://www.therookies.co/patrickm
This was a prop that I made in late 2017 for a 3D bootcamp class. Still pretty happy with the results that I got with substance painter at the time.