View all the Finalists for Rookie Awards 2024
The Art of Matt

The Art of Matt

Matt Fisher
by mattfisher on 1 Jun 2020 for Rookie Awards 2020

This is a collection of projects I have been working on for the past few years and I'm excited to finally share it with everyone. My projects go all the way from earth to outer space... enjoy.

5 1496 0
Round of applause for our sponsors

I Created this piece to test out various techniques in Houdini including Flip, Rigid Body and Pyro simulations. I also wanted to see how far the scene could be pushed in camera without comping in any external elements.

Marvelous Designer was used to create the whole suit including the gloves, boots and backpack.

This was a quick light/texture animation test to see how much variation I could achieve using instances.

This character was created for a student animation project. I was responsible for everything from modelling/texturing to rigging. The custom rig UI was created using MEL Script.

Marvelous Designer was used to create the crickets garments. It was interesting trying to fit a trench coat around his odd shaped torso and four arms.

Custom Rig UI was created using MEL.

To improve my pipeline knowledge I created this scene and took it from concept to final comp. This was a good opportunity to introduce myself to groom.

Mash was used for scattering vegetation and stones.

Xgen was used for both character grooms.

I used the Houdini Pyro solver to create the fire.

The water was created using multiple displacement maps generated in Houdini.

A closer look at the vehicle I made for this scene.

I'm fascinated by the design of steam trains and tried to replicate their intricate functionality and style in this scene.

A lot of time was spent trying to recreate the mechanics.

The main room is actually made from the interior panels found in the trains cabin area... It felt like a shame to not show the corbels and rosettes.

With this project I focused on improving character and cloth textures as well as enhancing my grooming techniques.

A specific challenge here was creating the intricate neck pieces, I eventually settled on a simple "instance along a curve" method.

Comments (0)

This project doesn't have any comments yet.