One of the goals for the environment was to make it as performant as possible so I used Trim Sheets and tiling textures wherever applicable. To avoid repetition I used mask blending and height blending to scatter dirt and moss.
The vegetation has been done entirely in Speedtree from HighPoly to LowPoly with the trees being a bit on the higher end of the poly budget ranging from 12k to 20k tris. Before the mentorship, I wasn't aware of how powerful, versatile and just plain fun to use this Speedtree is and I use it all the time now.
The tiling materials have been made fully procedurally in Substance Designer. Material creation is another aspect I really fell in love with during this project as it combines art with mathematical thinking.
In conclusion, this project was a lot of fun to work on and I thank my mentor Billy Matjiunis from The Mentor Coalition for introducing me to the tools and workflows to efficiently work on vegetation in Unreal Engine 4.