Update - 25 Nov 2022
Within the framework of a lesson, our instructor told us to create a robot from A to Z and participate to this contest. It is a big opportunity for me to see what I'm capable of and finally apply what I learned.
My idea was to create a robot based on Buzz Lightyear and make it realistic. I wanted to keep the aspect of a space ranger and a toy. The challenge lies in the fact that it must be original and not just a replica of Buzz Lightyear. Also it has to be a functional robot, so I had to make it coherent (What is its prupose ? / How is it powered ? / How does its joints works ? / How does it fight ?...).
I hope you'll enjoy my work and do not hesitate if you have any comments or questions, I'll read them !
Software used :
- 3DS Max
- Substance 3D Painter
I love details so I added :
- A HUD on the visor which indicates the percentage of remaining battery power, the height like in a fighter aircraft.
- All the welding
- Scratches on the part of the robot that could be used in a fight
- Oil and dust
- The crowd cylinder
- The Fluid in the battery
REFERENCES / SKETCHES
I had the idea to make it look like an insect / scarab to make it more original and the idea of an exoskeleton was completely relevent for a robot (with internal wiring and a sort of armor). And I wanted to add it a sword to make it more threatening !
- Buzz Lightyear (Disney), Created by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Joe Ranft
- Bugmech 002 Created by Thiago Almeida
- Buzz Lightyear Aasimar astral ranger, Created by MadManPocket23
- Scarab, Created by Jade Roger
- Fisher-Price Imaginext Playset Featuring Disney•Pixar Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Robot
- "Hexagon Tiles" material on substance share (use for the head), Created by Ozan Önen