Stylized Environment & Prop Collection
A collection of projects I created over the last year up to now. It's been a big learning experience, mainly diving deeper into PBR and Unreal Engine and learning the more technical sides of 3D. Hope you enjoy!
My most recent project is a little Unreal Engine scene I created over the course of roughly three/four weeks for a school assignment. The given theme was "Gothic" and because I wanted to jump back into Unreal Engine, I decided to go for a little 3D environment scene featuring gothic ruins. After seeing so many beautiful ghibli-esque environments, I've been itching to try my hand on one as well. My goal for this project was to get more comfortable with the technical side of Unreal Engine and practice my concepting skills.
I created the grass shader with the help of Jess Hider's and PrismaticaDev's breakdowns. The moss is done with a world aligned blend and the meshes have an object space gradient in the master material. For some of the foliage, I used Madeleine Bellwoar's Ghibli Inspired Brushes and for the clouds, I used Kristof Dedene's brush set. The bushes in this scene were done by Anne Goossens that were originally created for another school project we worked on together but she kindly let me re-use it for my scene here.
For this project, I took around three weeks to finish it, working on it next to school. My goal was to get a better understanding of engines and teach myself Unreal Engine since I wanted to get into it for a while. I also wanted to get more comfortable with the PBR workflow, trying to get out of my comfort zone of hand-painting textures. It was also a great opportunity to learn more about Nepalese architecture by doing research while also taking a lot of inspiration from Overwatch's Nepal map. In general, I learnt a lot with this one and it was a very rewarding experience. I also had the chance to write a little breakdown that can be read here on 80lv.
This was a little personal project that I did to experiment a bit with colors and shapes. I took a lot of inspiration from oil painting studies that I saw on the Internet the other day and wanted to try something similar in 3D. Everything was modeled, UV-mapped and textured in Blender and in order to tweak the colors a bit and experiment some more with the textures, I used Photoshop.
Thank you so much for looking at my entry! Hope you have a sunny day!
This project doesn't have any comments yet.