Update - 18 Jul 2021
Here's the last update with the final renders and a Marmoset scene!
I had quite some fun participating in this contest and I am very happy with how the model turned out in the end! If I had managed the time for this contest better, I would have tried to make the rig myself to get the nice angles at the bent joints, like the elbows. The bodysuit was probably the most challenging part to make. I think I got somewhere with it in the end, but there is still some room for improvement. Overall, I had a great time, and am very happy to have such an opportunity to participate in this contest!
Update - 18 Jul 2021
The final week I have continued with finishing everything off, starting with the high poly:
Then low-poly topology:
And as the deadline has been coming up fast, I quickly unwrapped the model for texturing
And added quickly some colour!
To save up some time, I put the model into Mixamo to get a quick rig, and then with a little bit of weight fixing, I posed the model.
After that, the character went into Marmoset for some render shots!
Update - 12 Jul 2021
I have started the retopology process with the body and the head, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
I have also started modelling the glasses
And I did a final pass on the hair sculpt.
Update - 1 Jul 2021
After a week-long break, I worked on the jacket to get it to look nice and ready to have its details and the shoulder pads added. I also tweaked the arms to give them the glove look, and also have the sleeves tucked in.
Later on, I worked on the base masses of the hair, and added some basic forms for teeth and tongue I'm happy with how they turned out and ready to add more details to them.
After a little bit of thinking about how to tackle the exo-suit, I have decided that I will model it in Maya to get those sharp sci-fi details of the suit after the body's retopology.
Update - 18 Jun 2021
I did a second pass of polishing the body and the head, adding and refining the details.
Instead of sculpting a foot from the blockout I had, I went straight ahead and the first pass of the shoe.
Later on, I started modelling the base of her jacket. It was quite a challenge to get the main shape of it, but I am happy with how it turned out!
That is it for now, more coming up soon!
Update - 12 Jun 2021
I have started polishing up the blockout. Here's a little update on it!
The sculpt still requires quite a bit of polish and fixing to do, which I am very excited to tackle!
Update - 5 Jun 2021
Using the reference, I have begun the blockout process. Here's how it looks so far!
Next up I will be polishing up the blockout and starting to add some details and the outfit. I am really excited about this part!
Update - 3 Jun 2021
Hello! This project will be my first contest project in the Rookies community! For this project, I chose to create a real-time/game-ready model of Dale Arden, as I feel most connected to this character from all the ones provided for this contest. The model will have some challenges, such as the style of the outfit, the accessories, and the proportions of the character, but these are the challenges that I am excited to tackle.
I've put up a quick mood board for the character of their outfit and potential poses. Since the main point of this contest is to create a model, following one of the provided concepts, I will be using the mentioned concept as my main reference for the project.
With this, I am excited to dive into modeling!