- Open for submission 16th November 2020
- Entries close 16th January 2021.
- Winners announced 26th January 2021.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
How to enter
A few simple steps:
- Get Substance Launcher. A free trial version of the Substance apps will cover the length of the contest - - 3D Texturing
- Get Kombi model. Cameras are included in the .fbx file for your final renders.
- Texture the Kombi using Substance apps.
- Create 4 x final renders.
- Include The Rookies Logo on your final renders using this Photoshop file.
- Join our Discord channel to ask questions and get feedback about the contest from the community.
The Artist must submit an entry directly to our contest. Only entries that are submitted here will be reviewed by our judging panel and considered an official entry.
Please note: Projects submitted to The Artists portfolio will not be considered as an official entry. You need to submit a separate entry for the challenge
To successfully enter this contest and be eligible for prizes, the entrant must:
- Only submit 1 entry.
- Relate to the contest theme.
- Include JPG or PNG screenshots/renderings.
- Refer to contest briefs for detailed deliverables
- Not use registered trademarks eg: company names and logos.
Guarantee of the Artist
The Artist guarantees to The Organiser that:
- The submitted media (images, videos, 3D models, code) were made by the Artist.
- All work is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish. The Artist must clearly state if they have included third party images, media or reference as part of their entry. This content is allowed and will be reviewed accordingly.
- All details submitted by the Artist are true and correct, and the Artist indemnifies from and against any and all claims and demands made against The Organiser, its assignees or licensees, in relation to the guarantees provided by the Artist in these rules.
Texturing must be done in Substance Apps. You may import resources (such as textures, alphas, filters or other assets into Substance) as long as the creative texturing work is done using any of the Substance apps. You cannot simply import and apply final textures that have been created in another tool.
You must use the default Substance shaders.
You may not modify any aspect of the mesh template. Displacement within the Substance apps is allowed, to add some interesting details, as long as it does not break the ‘Kombi’s’ identity. Baking from a custom high-poly mesh is not allowed.
Submission must include two Iray® renders using the cameras included in the ‘Kombi’ project. You have to render from the cameras are named Cam_3quarterLF & Cam_3quarterLB & Cam_3quarterRF & Cam_3quarterRB from the Kombi scene. Ideal rendering resolution: 4096 x 2160 pixels. minimum resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels. Additional renders can be included as well. Make sure to have a look at the rendering guideline section to get the best results.
You are limited to 1 submission per artist.
The Process - we want to see your process from start to finish. This contest uses the Play by Play project builder which means you can share every little update similar to a forum.
The judges will be looking for entrants that show great technical and creative skills. The judges will also be looking for entries that share regular updates and get involved in the community.
Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made.
The Contest Sponsors will send prizes directly to winners in a timely manner at the completion of the Contest.
Any content submitted by teams, third-party vendors, educational facilities, studios or non-amateur artists will be immediately removed from the Contest. The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend any related content on the site.
The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend an Artist if they believe they have too much professional experience in any field that puts them at an unfair advantage to other Artists.
The Organiser reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bugs, unauthorised human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond or
The Organiser’ reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the awards.
Any media content deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at The Organiser’ sole discretion, be closed at any time during the event.
Employees of Contest Sponsors and The Organiser are not eligible to enter this event.
Each Winner will be notified by email at the completion of the Contest.
The entrant is responsible for entering their correct email address at the time of submission and prizes may be forfeited if the entrant cannot be contacted or their identity cannot be verified.
Once notified of winning, the Winner will have three weeks in which to claim your prize. Failure to respond within this time period will result in forfeiture of the prize although The Organiser will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner to ensure this does not happen.
The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit a prize if not claimed.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and our Terms & Conditions. By participating in the Contest, The Artist is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between The Artist and The Organiser in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between The Artist and The Organiser and relating to the Contest.
In no event will The Organiser, and or their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from access to, or use of, this web site, electronic or computer malfunctions, or entrant participation in this contest, even if The Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages.