The 11th Annual Rookie Awards is the world’s largest contest for aspiring creatives in games, animation, visual effects, immersive media, motion graphics and 3d visualisation.
The contest provides a rare opportunity for you to share your work to industry heavyweights and influencers, receive badges and certificates, connect with other young artists and potentially launch your creative career beyond your expectations.
Don’t worry if you’re not ready to apply for jobs or think you can win because you can still walk away with a truck load of prizes. At its core, being an artists involves sharing your work, so why not start now and get your work in front of some of the biggest names in the industries.
Still not convinced? Why not watch some honest entrant video testimonials from other artists just like you about how this contest changed their lives - even when they didn’t win.
Groups & Categories
There are categories across all skill levels and creative media interests, so you are sure to find one that inspires you. To make things easier, we have split the contest into 5 main Contest Groups:
- Rookie of the Year - 9 x categories open to individual artists to showcase their specific industry based skills.
- Film of the Year - 3 x individual/team based categories for artists working on films.
- Game of the Year - 3 x individual/team based categories for artists working on games.
- Career Opportunities - Various opportunities provided by production studios.
- Specialty - Open to individual artists under 18 years.
Scroll down the page to view category information and links to full details.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- Entries Open 7 March 2021
- Entries Close 1 June 2021.
- Finalists announced 30 June 2021.
- Winners announced 16 July 2021.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Tips & Advice
- You can enter multiple times!
- Take a moment to watch our introduction video by the founders of The Rookies where they explain the contest in detail, discuss the categories, how to enter, common mistakes and tips for creating a perfect entry.
- Check out incredible entries from 2020 and use them as inspiration.
- Make sure to read the 14 Most Commonly Asked Questions.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Follow us @therookiesco
- Stay updated with #rookieawards2021.
- Find a Category that interests you from the Contest Groups listed below.
- Select View Category Details to read the categories specific brief, judging criteria, deliveries and requirements.
- Follow the instructions on the category page about How to Enter, and submit an entry!
- Rinse and repeat steps to enter multiple times.