Rookie Awards 2020 | Game of the Year
This category is for individuals and teams that have created a game for mobile devices. The judges are looking for finished games here, but feel free to submit trailers if necessary.
The primary focus for this category is games designed to be played on mobile devices. The judges are looking for completed games here. This is not a category for people to share parts of a game they contributed to. If you have not completed your game yet, please make sure to share a teaser trailer to pitch your work to the judges.
- You must submit a completed game or teaser trailer. Single assets and clips will not be considered.
- Please include supporting material with your finished game. The judges need to better understand the process, the challenges and how your game was created.
- Team entries are allowed. Make sure that only one team member submits the project and adds additional team members as project collaborators.
- Games must not have been released prior to June 2019.
- Share your process with the judges so they fully understand your thought process.
- Successful entries in previous years have included video footage of people playing the games. Other ideas have included screencasts where the team walk you through the platform.
- If you have a link to your finished game that can be downloaded, please share it as part of your entry page using the Add Text widget when building your entry page.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes your completed game, a detailed breakdown and supporting material. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists or teams that have created a game that is not only creatively and technically sound, but is also fun and immersive to play. They are looking for artists or teams with a passion for game design and development. The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.