Rookie Awards 2020 | Film of the Year
Films created by both teams and individuals that include live action visual effects used to help tell a story, add that wow factor, or include live action footage.
This category is for artists and teams who have created a film that includes Visual Effects. You will have worked with assets and elements that are integrated with live-action footage to create photo realistic environments, characters, sets, props, animation and effects that would be dangerous, expensive, impractical, or simply impossible to capture on film.
The judges are looking for stories where you have used visual effects seamlessly with plates that you have shot. It’s not only about the big visual effects shots here, the judges will be really looking out for impressive subtle effects that have been created to help tell the story.
- You must submit a completed film or teaser trailer for your film. Single assets and clips will not be considered.
- We accept films currently on the Film Festival Circuit. These films will not be shared publicly, however please include a password that will be securely shared with our judging panel.
- Please include supporting material with your finished film. The judges need to better understand the process, the challenges and how your film was created.
- Team entries are allowed. Make sure that only one team member submits the project and adds additional team members as project collaborators.
- Films must not have been released prior to June 2019.
- Share your process with the judges so they fully understand your thought process and challenges.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes your completed film, a detailed breakdown and supporting material. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists or teams that have created a film that is not only creatively and technically sound, but also tells a great story. They are looking for artists or teams with a passion for film making and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.