Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
Focused on the art of visualising products, furniture, and gadgets that are to be manufactured through techniques of mass production. Judges looking to see the process from concept design through to completed renderings and even real-world prototypes.
Entrants will typically come from a Product Design or Industrial Design background. They will likely have experience with AutoCAD style programs which offer a more precise building platform with a strong focus on real-world physics and restraints.
- This category is for Industrial Designers and Product Designers, not 3D artists wanting to work in film and games.
- CAD software and the _-design process__ must be the focus for entrants.
- This is not a category for people with nice Zbrush models of cars, products or furniture.
- Include illustrations and other supporting material to help explain to judges your design process and problem solving abilities.
- Judges are interested in seeing great product visualisations. So make sure to share really polished final renders and compliment these with sketches and concept art.
- The most important step is to share your process. Judges are not purely interested in final renders. They want to see the thought process and how you solved your design problem.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 3D elements using CAD software.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.