Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
Looking for artists creating content specifically for use with virtual reality headsets. The judges are wanting to see completed games, apps, immersive experiences and all the elements involved in pushing this technology to the next level.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
China | Shanghai Tongji University
I have loved art since childhood, but I also like mathematics, physics and chemistry, and exploring the unknown makes me exciting. In college, I realized how pleasant it is to work with a group of people with the same hobbies. The CGI industry is full of art and technology lovers. It can be my paradise. I want to further my study in USA or Canada and then to work in the studio.
Spain | School-ing
I knew some 3D before, but last Year a discover the Virtual Reality world, and since then, is my passion.
Malaysia | THE ONE ACADEMY
When I learn about design and how it can help communicate effectively while being engaging.
Malaysia | The One Academy of Communication Design
Since my early stage of secondary school, I realize that I prefer wondering in the field of creative media compared to writing essay and any other stuff. I really like how people can think and solve any daily issue creatively. Thus, I define designer as someone that solve a problem beautifully.
Malaysia | The One Academy
I first realised that I wanted to work in the creative media and entertainment industry was when I went for an internship, I learned lots of cool and interesting things that I can create which gave me more passion to design.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
Are you working on content for VR, AR, MR and everything else in between? This is your category. The judges are looking to find the best technical and creative artists creating content specifically for use with headsets. This includes games, apps, and all immersive experiences.
- The judges are looking for the artists that can__ demonstrate the best skills in immersive media__. This could be a modeller, it could be a developer. The key is to show an understanding of what it takes to create immersive content and fully utilise the technology.
- Some of the best previous entries have included videos of people playing their games and using their assets. It’s a great way to show how entertaining you have made your experience.
- This category is a good mix of creativity and technical ability. Our judges will be considering both equally and looking for that artist that is truly pushing the boundaries in this field.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.