Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
3D Motion Graphics
Motion graphics are a way to communicate with the viewer, and add depth to a story. Together with music and effective copy, they can give us a message. We use them to create ads, title sequences for movies, videos and to share information.
For this category, the judges want to see examples that include a strong 3D focus to the graphics. The brief is open which means you could use motion design to help tell a story, sell a product or just share a tv or film title sequence. It’s up to you.
- The judges don’t want to only see simple text animations. These are great, but they are looking for motion design which includes 3D elements and footage.
- A great tip is to make sure you include the original brief you challenged yourself with. The way you approach and solve the brief is just as important as the finished video.
- Motion design is a fairly hazy term that overlaps with animation, graphic design and filmmaking. If you want to work as a motion designer, share your work here.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 3D elements.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.