Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
Open to artists who specialise in Architectural Visualisation. This is content created to help visualise building interiors and exteriors, landscaping, town planning and sustainability.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
Denmark | 3D College
When i first started doing CG, I had very little experience with computer work and this was a new world for me. I had no idea where it would lead to, and that I would be this obsessed with it. I enjoy the mix of creativity and technical skills required for this kind of work, and I definitely enjoy the process more than the result.
Denmark | 3D College Denmark
I have always been very creative playing with Legos playing Minecraft and etc... as a kid. And I picked up Photography and Graphic design in my teenage years. And when I was 19 I Discovered the magical world of CG. It started out as a hobby for me while living with my parents. and I really enjoyed it. so I decided to start at the school 3D College Denmark. And that's when I got really hooked. The environment the school gave me really helped a lot. and that's when I realized CG was for me
Spain | SCHOOL-ING
The first question I've been asked and I'm already struggling not to talk about my deep dark secrets. I guess I've been in the creative media since very little when I realized I found most pleasure in music, painting, and human behavior. I spent the first half of my 31 years developing skills as a classical musician and the other half studying and later working in architecture. The Archviz industry kinda opened for me quite seamlessly.
Spain | School-ing
While working on my previous job I realized that it didn´t bring me any joy. So while I was wondering what to do I discovered Archviz. This is something I really enjoy and I would like to make a living from it
Spain | School-ing
I always felt an inner need to express and to explore things around me through images. As I grew older this interest led me to experience with painting and photography; eventually made me discover Interior Design and consequently ArchViz, which has become a passion for all the challenges and possibilities it provides to create beautiful images.
Belgium | Howest – Digital Arts and Entertainment
I realized that this is what I want for my future job when I got introduced in the world of 3D and its' possibilities. The fact that you can translate the way that you perceive the world in a visual form is incredibly amusing for me!
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
Architectural visualisation is the term used when a visual is created to portray a pre-existing building, public space or interior space. Judges are looking for artists specialising in this industry and want to see final rendering of houses, shopping centres, office blocks, hospitals, public spaces and interiors of building. Entrants will typically have studied Architecture, Interior Design, Environment Design and Town Planning.
- Photorealistic Renders are a key focus of this category. Share how you created your final renderings and the design problems you solved.
- Interior Renders are a major part of the architectural visualisation industry and our judges are excited to see how interesting and realistic your projects are.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including sketches and initial research that contributed to your final work.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 3D elements.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.