Rookie Awards 2020 | Rookie of the Year
Entries should showcase content created in two-dimensional format and has been enlivened with movement. This type of animation is regarded to be the traditional form of animation. Projects can be of any topic. Characters, creatures, props and even environment work will be considered.
The focus for this category is traditional animation. The judges are looking for the best aspiring 2D animator that have amazing technical and creative skills. There is no brief or limitations on the type of work you can submit. Get creative and share your best 2D Animation clips.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single entry page that includes all your best work. Do not create multiple entries with single projects as you will be disqualified.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 2D elements.
- Put effort into your entry page by including text descriptions, titles, work-in-progress and any include supporting material that you feel will impress the judges.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
How to enter
- Read the Rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there. Quick Link.
- Create an Entry using the button below.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.