Rookie Awards 2023 | Rookie of the Year
Focused on 3D digital fashion. Judges are looking to see the process from concept design through to completed renderings.
The judges are looking for the best 3D digital fashion designers who are passionate about virtual fashion, passionate about creating beautifully designed ‘skins’ for the metaverse and about leveraging technology to promote a more sustainable fashion industry. You will need to show experience with 3D programs such as Clo3D, Maya, Substance, Blender and Daz3D used for designing virtual garments. The judges are interested in understanding your design process from research and idea generation to patterns and garment construction, all the way up to 3D digital garments with or without a physical garments.
- This category is for 3D fashion designers.
- Fashion software like Clo3d, Browzwear, Marvelous Designer, Maya, Blender, Daz3D and Substance 3D and the documentation of the_-design process from research and idea generation to 3D digital garment creation__ must be the focus for entrants.
- Include illustrations and other supporting material to help explain to judges your design process and problem solving abilities.
- Judges are interested in seeing great creative fashion making. So make sure to share really polished final renders and compliment these with sketches and concept art.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- This category is for 3d digital fashion designers that specialise in__digital fashion__.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and creative potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > Digital Fashion’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.