Rookie Awards 2022 | Career Opportunities
realworld one is looking for 5 artists that they can have a video interview session with an expert from their realworld one Development team to review your entry/ portfolio.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
United States | Vertex School
I realized I would like to do game art since I played The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
Since I have memory when I was a child, I wanted to be a part of the videogame industry, but I saw it as a utopian dream, but during the pandemic when I was in my first year of university (studying Mechanical Engineering), I began to believe that it is not impossible.
United States | DigiPen Institute of Technology
Spain | Voxel School
Since I was little I have always had a passion for video games. But it was when I had to decide my professional studies is when I was curious to know how was the method of realization of these products that I have liked for so long.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
*realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
realworld one’s partners include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Illumina, Bio-Rad, Agilent, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others. With its comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, realworld one has developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production. At present, the company employs more than 280 people at its headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Austin (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
Requirements & Deliveries
- Showcase some examples of your Unreal Engine 4 projects/ work in any of these areas: Immersive Media Development or Classic Game Development. This could be a VR, an AR or a classic game project
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks. It is possible to use external/ professional material for your entry like Asset packs. If you use asset packages from external, it is a requirement to reference this material
- Please, no team entries allowed for this category
- You are a positive and driven person
- You have high standards for quality and attention to detail
- You are interested in XR technology and joining a market-leading tech company
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. We encourage contestants to treat your entry like a job application. You have one page to show how amazing your skills within immersive media and classic game development are.
- 5 x video interview session with an expert of our realworld one Development team to review your entry/ portfolio and to learn more about opportunities and our work at realworld one.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > realworld one’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.