Rookie Awards 2022 | Career Opportunities
DNEG are offering a 1-on-1 demoreel review or interview for the winner and runner-up of the VFX category.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
United States | Gnomon
Coming from a film background with a passion for fine art especially anatomy, life drawing and traditional sculptures I have develop a serious interest for hyper-realism, digital humans and character art which became my main focus during my education alongside grooming, the study of light and composition as a look development artist.
Spain | Animum Creativity Advanced School
The first time I discovered that I wanted to dedicate myself to the world of 3D animation was when I went to a festival called ANIMAYO. From that moment on, when I saw the work of Juan Solís, I knew I could make a living out of it. From then on I dedicated my free time to learn through youtube as much as I could. Currently I decided to study at ANIMUM 3D where I perfected and acquired new knowledge to reach a professional level. It's my passion, most of my free time is dedicated to 3D modeling.
France | ESMA
I was 8 years when I realised that I wanted to work in creative media and entertainment . I was captivated by the magic of cartoons and movies. I knew, in front of a classic Disney movie, that I would like to do this with my life.
France | Ecole Supérieure des Métiers Artistiques
I was obsessed with cartoon network growing up. I kept watching the channel even at a later age. Animated characters always fascinated me with their personalities and movement. I chose to study Computer Graphics and Interactive Media at ALBA university in Lebanon. That is where i discovered 3D animation, and it was a whole other world for me. After graduating with a BFA in Computer Graphics, i decided to pursue 3D animation in full focus at one of the top animation schools i found online. ESMA.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase your Visual Effects skills with a focus on FX, CFX and Rigging would be a bonus.
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Must be able to complete the mentorship during the second half of 2021
- Must be able to have mentorship calls during working hours of GMT, EST, PST
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview.
- A virtual 1-on-1 demoreel review or interview for the winner and runner-up of the VFX category
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > DNEG as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.